Want a peek inside?
Download a free sample (PDF · 150kb) including table of contents, and a few riveting pages.
About The Author
After 9/11, author Richard Bernstein re-examined everything he was taught to believe about American politics and the mainstream media. His research revealed disturbing discoveries, prompting this life-long Democrat to become a Republican—and write a book about what he learned.
Richard Bernstein has been interviewed about Duped America by many national media outlets, including the Fox Business Television Network, the Dennis Miller show and many other nationally syndicated radio shows. His numerous op-eds have appeared in national publications and websites such as the Washington Times, FoxNews, Human Events, The Hill and Townhall.
Mr. Bernstein holds a bachelor's degree in economics and a law degree from the University of Maryland School of Law.
∗ Duped America is 327 pages.
“If you only have the time and resources for one book - this is the one to read.”
This book is a gem! If you only have the time and resources for one book - this is the one to read. I read a lot and I haven't seen any book that covers as many important topics with such factual insight. Whether you follow politics or not this book is a must read for every American [...] I found his writing style easy to read and understand. — J.A. Fuller
“Excellent [...] I believe it should be required reading for every high school class”
I normally start a book and it finds its way to my bookcase with a marker 1/4 the way through. Duped America I could not put down. It covered just about every subject of interest for a conservative. Its brief but understandable style was excellent. I believe it should be required reading for every high school class in place of Gore's garbage. Very highly recommended. This is the first book I have commented on but felt compelled. — TCB
“This book should be in every political science curriculum”
This book is an excellent resource, organized by subject, of all the important issues [...] If you're conservative, you should buy this book to open the eyes of the people you have discussions with. If you count yourself a liberal, I, for one, would like to see some answers to the questions and issues posed. Bernstein is fair – he holds conservatives accountable where he finds them in need of such, and he does not use oddball or questionable sources [...] You will not be able to read this book without becoming angry. That's a very good thing [...] This book should be in every political science curriculum... — D.T. Boellstorff
“Anyone who registers to vote should have to read this first before choosing a party affiliation.”
— L. Napolitano
“Excellent book! Should be a mandatory read for all no matter what their party affiliation might be.”
“This book not only addresses the issues, but places them in context”
On the political spectrum I consider myself an independent, right of center voter, like most Americans. I am not an ideologue. [...] This book not only addresses the issues, but places them in context and reinforces the conclusions with thorough research. [...] Mr. Bernstein has researched the "big ticket items" and lays out his arguments in a clear concise manner. You may agree or disagree, but if you want to have a working knowledge of the major issues of our times I strongly recommend this book. — Dr. Ronald P Sperano
What makes Duped America so special and different from other political books?
While most political books cover only one or two main topics, Duped America contains all the vital information you need to know about every important issue facing America today.
Author Richard Bernstein, a former lifelong Democrat, has organized this masterpiece into 31 short easy-to-read chapters. In each and every chapter Bernstein explains how the Democrat Party and their allies in the Mainstream Media have repeatedly attempted to dupe Americans. Each chapter is filled with enough facts to allow you to become more than just knowledgeable about each subject. Duped America is so thoroughly researched it has almost 1,000 footnotes.
Duped America is the only book that will give you the truth and the knowledge to be well-informed about all the important issues facing America today. Equally as important, it will give you the ability to influence others with the facts.
Duped America puts all the facts in one place for you...
- The next time your friends tell you that Bush lied to get us into the Iraq war, you’ll be able to tell them about the investigations demanded by Democrats that proved otherwise (see chapter 3).
- When they insist Republicans caused the mortgage crisis, and their deregulation caused the financial crisis, you’ll be able to answer them with facts proving otherwise (see chapters 6 and 7).
- The next time you hear that the Democrats are the party looking out for black Americans, you’ll be able to tell them why that isn’t true and why Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican (see chapter 13).
- And the next time you hear that Republicans are the party of Wall Street and large corporate money, you’ll be able to refute that misconception (see chapter 10).
- When your friends tell you Bill Clinton created a great economy, you’ll be able to explain how it was the Republican Congress and other factors unrelated to Bill Clinton’s policies that helped make the 1990s economically prosperous (see chapter 11).
- After reading Chapter 22 you will understand why the green jobs agenda is a sham and will actually cause jobs to be lost.
- You will learn why wind and solar won’t work on a national scale (see chapter 16), who has been holding back nuclear power in this country and why (see chapter 17), and why Democrat energy policies will make energy less available and more expensive (see chapter 15).
- Duped America will thoroughly explain to you the science, politics and money behind the global warming scam (see chapter 14).
- Duped America exposes Barack Obama’s radical past and his radical appointees (see chapter 27), the influence of radical Saul Alinsky on him (see chapter 29), and how Democrats are attempting to stifle dissent and manipulate the election process (see chapter 28).
- After reading chapter 1 you will understand in detail how the Democrat Party has been dangerous when it comes to our national security over the past 40 years. Chapters 25 and 26 will show you how Democrat policies today are making us more exposed and vulnerable to our enemies.
- The next time your friends tell you that the special interest groups of the Republican Party are harming our country, you’ll be able to explain how it is actually the unholy alliances between the Democrat Party and their special interest groups (unions, plaintiffs’ lawyers, environmentalists and more) that are resulting in bad policies that are harming our country (see chapter 21).
- You’ll also be armed with the facts to explain why the Keynesian economic model of spending large amounts of government money to stimulate the economy (advocated by the Democrats) has never worked and what has worked in the past to revive economies out of recessions (see chapter 19).
- Duped America will also explain to you in detail the six fatal flaws of the Stimulus Bill of 2009 and how Obamanomics is a roadmap to fiscal ruin (see chapters 20 and 18).
- And when your friends tell you that ObamaCare will be good for this country, you’ll be able to explain with clarity the reasons why it will decimate our health care system and further bankrupt our country (see chapter 31).
The above is a sampling of what you will learn by reading Duped America.
Bernstein believes that a well informed public is the best antidote to the onslaught of propaganda and has worked hard to warn his fellow Americans.